7 Years on the Podcast
I started this podcast in November of 2015, when I was pregnant with my son. It was the era when podcasts were first coming out. Nobody really knew what they were doing, guests weren't really a thing on podcasts yet and so I read old blog posts on the show. I would probably cringe if I listened back to the first episode. Thankfully my blog with that post went up in smoke when I changed websites a few years ago.
I don't even think Apple allows over a certain amount of podcasts on their platform so I don't think you can even listen to that episode anymore.
When I first started I was in the personal training space, and was just learning about Ayurveda and going through my first official yoga teacher training program. I basically was a completely different person.
How I evolved from personal training into Yoga/Ayurveda
If you have been part of my journey for awhile you might know how I have transformed from the personal training space to Ayurveda but if you're new here is a bit of my own journey from having strict rules about how long you should workout, what foods you need to eat into a much more well rounded and holistic viewpoint on wellness.
Why I started focusing on Ayurveda?
Just a year after being introduced to Ayurveda I became pregnant with my son.
Little did I know that this science called Ayurveda would be what I leaned on to help pull me out of a postpartum fog.
Ayurveda helped me truly understand how to slow down, tune in & connect with my own inner wisdom.
You might feel lost, ungrounded, not connected to your higher purpose and not really understanding practices that will help you reach your goals.
That is the beauty of Ayurveda
It gives you practices, tools, and the confidence to trust yourself again.
Ayurveda helped open a door for me to explore my health from from a mind/body/soul prospective that just made sense.
I started rebuilding my definition of self, I started implementing more mindfulness tools into my routines, I found a workout program that nourished my body instead of depleting it, I found I was more connected to eating foods I could digest vs trying to follow a fad diet.
It was a complete life transformation that continues to evolve and unfold in my life in new ways each and everyday.
My 3 prong approach to wellness now
- Tuning In– You need to understand what your body is telling you so you can feel confident in yourself. You will learn how to use your own intuition to tell you how to treat her & fuel her the way she wants. Don't worry I will give you ideas on how to start. I have been tricks up my sleeve for how to start trusting your own inner voice.
- Cyclical Wisdom– You feel like you're not the same day to day and are looking for practices the flow with your inner wise woman. Embrace living with the seasons, the lunar cycle or menstrual cycle if applicable.
- Ayurveda- This is where you uncover new tools for helping you stay healthy over the course of your lifetime. You will learn your dosha (mind/body type), understand Ayurveda's approach to eating (how to intuitively eat, with the season, and for your dosha), and how to alter your fitness program with the seasons. We go as deep into a more natural approach to your lifestyle as YOU would like to learn.
Celebrating 7 Years on Air
My top 10 most popular podcast episodes
- Solo Show: Women who run with the wolves
- Solo Show: Breaking up with Busy
- Solo Show: How to start exploring the woo
- Krista King: Healthy Happy Hormones
- Nikkiey Stott on Building Your Physical and Mental Muscles
- Rejys Cowan: On Making a Life Shift
- Ellen Trotter: On Building Habits that Stick
- Solo Show: How to Practice Ayurveda with Kids
- Maia Toll: On Tapping into Your Wild Wisdom
- Sahara Rose: On What You Need to Know About Ayurveda
Send me your feedback
Let me know your favorite episodes from the last 7 years! If you haven't rated and reviewed the podcast, I would love if you take a minute of your time to rate and review the show. Feel free to email email@example.com or send me a DM over on Instagram @seasonalandrea
If it wasn't for you there would be no show, thank you for coming on this journey with me. I cannot wait to see what's to come over the next 7 years!