I’m Andrea, I’ve been in the wellness space since the age of 16 and over the past 15 years my training & coaching has evolved as I have. You could call me a holistic personal trainer as I like to incorporate my sports psychology & Ayurvedic coaching into my training sessions to help you have a full lifestyle experience with training.
I also understand not everyone is in love with working out the way I am, in fact the majority of my clients are new to working out and want to incorporate a basic wellness routine that works in their lifestyle. I aim to do just that & deliver custom programs to each of the women I work with.
Common Populations I work with:
- Women who hate to workout but want to learn how to enjoy it or at least tolerate it
- Pre/postnatal women
- Women wanting to lose weight & tone up
- High school & college athletes in particular soccer, tennis, & basketball players
- Arthritis in the back, knees or hips
- Busy moms wanting to squeeze in workout routines and still get results
- Olympic athletes
- Women looking for an accountability partner who makes working out fun
Dates: June 11th- July 25th (No classes the week of July 4th)
Times: Tuesdays & Thursday mornings 5:45am-6:30am
Location: Lake Nokomis beach- Minneapolis
Format: We will be training outdoors using circuits based on traditional fitness equipment and using what is at the park. It will be a creative class that will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to start your day. Each week you will be emailed a bonus workout to complete on your own, nutrition advice, and a weekly habit to work on.
How many spots? There are only 10 spots available for this series
Cost: $200 for the entire 6 week course
~ I want to help you co-create your fitness roadmap ~
I have been training pregnant and postpartum clients for the past 11 years and after the birth of my son my methods have changed and improved as I felt the need for different tools to be utilized during this precious time of a women’s life.
Past clients have included women who have never worked out until pregnancy (and yes you can safely do that safely), Olympic medalists who are training while pregnant and after pregnancy to return back to the Olympics in a safe manner, women wanting to heal 5 finger diastasis recti gaps, and women who just want to have more energy to be with their kids. I help you create the plan that will suit you the best during & after your pregnancy so you can be the best version of you.
Sports & Exercise Science & Psychology -Double Major from Hamline University, St. Paul, MN- graduated 2007
ACE Certified Personal Trainer since 2007
ACE Pre/Post Natal Specialist & Jessie Mundell Pre/postnatal academy since 2009
ACE Certified Group Exercise Instructor since 2013
200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher since 2016
Certified Ayurvedic health coach since 2018
My own wellness experience (cliff notes version)
- I started lifting weights & training friends at the age of 16
- I was a 3 sport college athlete (soccer, basketball & tennis)
- I’ve lost 40 pounds in my late 20’s after I realized I could no longer workout to offset a poor diet.
- I again had to lose 60 pounds after my son was born. The first 20 came off quickly and then I really had to altar my habits to lose the last 40 pounds.
Are you lacking energy, accountability and always feel as if you’re in catch-up mode?
The last thing you want to think about is your wellness routine. There is so much information out there about what is the “best” workout, diet, or program to follow, how to make yourself happy, and how you need to incorporate self-care into your lifestyle. All of that excess information has left you confused & overwhelmed and have no idea where to start.
I get it all of the information has left even trained experts having to double check the latest craze to see if it’s legit. Unfortunately or fortunately there is no one “best” thing.
At the end of the day it’s the daily habits that we incorporate that help build our life the way that feels best for us. The first step of the journey is finding what will work best for you. Over the past 11 years of being a personal trainer, yoga teacher, Ayurvedic & transformational coach I’ve found each person is different but that is where my 3 prong approach helps us figure out what exactly will work best for YOU.
How can I help you find a balanced lifestyle?
By utilizing the 3 prong approach
What does the 3 prong approach entail?
- Tuning In– We need to understand what our body is telling us so we know what we should do to treat her & fuel her the way she wants.
- Workouts Built for You– We will c0-create a fitness plan that works in your lifestyle built for your current goals. This plan will evolve as we work together.
- Ayurveda – This is where you uncover new tools for helping you stay healthy over the course of your lifetime. I help you find your dosha, teach you the Ayurvedic approach to eating (how to intuitively eat), and teach you about how to clean up your household. Switching deodorants, toothpaste, & lotions if you want to uncover a more natural approach to the brands you use on a daily basis. I go as deep into a more natural approach to your lifestyle as you would like to learn.
New to all of this?
Learn more about Ayurveda with the free 28 day Ayurvedic toolkit. You will have a calendar of 1 thing to do everyday that features an Ayurvedic habit along with details on how to do the activity. Some will stick and others you might need a little more practice at which is the beauty of Ayurveda, it’s a lifelong always evolving journey.