Welcome to the Peaceful Power Podcast and today I’m talking about how to sync up your life with your dosha.
I know I said I was going to do a recap of the Wise Woman of Winter retreat but after attending I feel this experience is best left close to home. I will say it was the most intense retreat I’ve ever been on, in a good way. I will share one awesome story that I had during the retreat. During one of our many meditations I saw my great grandmother give me a purple amethyst necklace. I didn’t know why but it was bright purple. After our meditation ended I looked up what a purple crystal meant. It is the healer of all crystals and is a very healing crystal in nature. Ironically I got called during that retreat to step into my medicine woman power. So fitting that the purple crystal is what I saw.
The next day I planned to go to Salem I had reiki done for the first time & a special tea blend made for me after the session. I went to the Hause Witch store that was where I did my session at and decided I would see if they had a purple amethyst necklace like I saw in my meditation. At first I saw no necklaces and was feeling a little disappointed than a lady moved to the side and I saw the purple necklace hanging there just for me. That was a pretty cool experience to see the power of meditation and divine forces (God) coming together.
So now onto today’s topic syncing up your life with your dosha. First let’s chat the 3 dosha types vata, pitta & kapha I’m going to do a quick refresher but if you want to really deep dive listen to episode 79 where I really broke down each dosha. Think of this as a level 2 training today.
You can take the dosha quiz here
The vata time of year is Late Fall & Winter. It is an easy time to become ungrounded. The change in weather, the school year starting, the holidays it’s a very busy time of year. So it’s easy to become out of sync with your vata dosha. We have all been out of sync with our vata dosha it can show up in the form of illness, or feeling scattered. We’ve all been there when we are talking on our phone and telling our friend I’m coming as soon as I can locate my phone and they tell you, you are talking on it. SMH. So how can we keep our vata dosha from becoming out of sync? There are a few things that we can do.
- Thrive on routine
- Nourish the body 3x a day at the same time creates grounding in body & mental direction.
- Need more nuts, seeds, oils to balance the lightness of body & more spices due to cold nature of their system
- In general food should be taken warm, oily, spiced
- Daily hot baths or external oil massage help them feel nourished in the depth of their soul.
- Early to bed
- Yoga practice focus on breath work to ground down
- Grounding practices- meditation, grounding foods, getting in touch with nature
Now the pitta dosha thrives on fire as the fire element is associated with pitta as is water. Again even if your not a pitta dosha we all have pitta in us. This dosha keeps us motivated, focused, and causes us to burnout or become angry. Summer is the pitta time of year as the heat really aggravates pitta. So understanding how to stay in balance is key and not getting hangry as that is also associated with pitta.
- Daily nature walks to give you space & perspective
- Lunch should be the new dinner
- Beans are cooling and good for pittas digestion
- In general spicy foods & alcohol will aggravate pittas
- Reflection & gratitude practice at the end of the day to keep your pitta calm
- Plants & greens in particular are go to meal options
Last up is the kapha dosha which is associated with water. Kapha is the very grounded dosha sometimes to grounded. This happens during the later winter & spring time of year. The kapha dosha is also associated with congestion in the lungs and the nasty spring colds. Kapha can be found as imbalanced when we feel a lack of motivation or just want to sleep all day. To live more in sync with your kapha dosha try the following.
- Declutter- kaphas tend to collect things
- Stimulate the senses daily- explore new places, sights, sounds, colors, etc.
- Get to bed early 6-8 hours of sleep ideal for kaphas not 10 as you might think
- Chew on fennel- instead of snacking sip hot water & toasted fennel seeds
- Digest your meals before ingesting your next meal
- Decongest- neti pot
My Weekly Challenge
More information on the Evolved & Enlightened Program
Where to connect with Andrea
- Instagram- instagram.com/andreaclaassen21
- Facebook- facebook.com/andreaclaassen21
- Website- andreaclaassen.com
- Facebook Group- facebook.com/groups/peacefulpower
view + leave comments . . .