Welcome to the Peaceful Power Podcast and today we are tackling fitness, nutrition & mindset with Jill Coleman.
Jill was my coach this past year and wow is she amazing. The lessons I learned in business were what really gave me the confidence to step into my role as a leader in the fitness world. Jill has an extensive background in fitness, nutrition & business. She really has taught herself how to shine on many realms and teaches us how to shine in our own routines in todays interview. You will need to listen to this one a few times to catch all of the nuggets Jill leaves us with today.
Background on Jill
- I got into fitness through dancing. I used to make up dances with my friends and pretend I was Janet Jackson! My first “girl group” was The Young Stars in the 4th grade.
- I’m originally from Boston, where I grew up with a huge Irish family – I am one of 19 grandchildren!
- I went to an all-girls Catholic high school – uniform and everything! Loved it, and at times hated it. But was happy to be named ‘Athlete of the Year’ my senior year, not because I was the best but because I was pretty good at many sports and earned 4 varsity letters.
- When I was 21, I said out loud my dream of having my own home workout so that people could exercise with me all over the world in their living room. At 29, I made that dream a reality when I recorded 14 home workouts for Comcast’s home exercise channel.
- Growing up, Mountain Dew and Sprees were my kryptonite. And sadly, I have the cavities and dental work to show for it. My dentist is now one of my best friends, ha!
- In 2012, I’d frequently read romance novels for escapism, and thought, “Writing these doesn’t seem that hard!” so I wrote a 82k word romance novel over 6 months! Never to be published, but a great way to kickstart my writers block.
- Prepping for my second figure competition, I was determined to get my legs smaller/leaner, so I did 600 lunges 6 days a week for 10 weeks. #idie I don’t recommend it! I won my show and then promptly proceeded to gain back fat in place of the muscle I lost.
- Fav food groups: chocolate, wine, cheese and coffee. Not necessarily in that order!
Connect with Jill
- The evolution of JillFit
Mindset around exercise & nutrition
- How to develop a consistent workout routine
- How to lose the last 20 pounds after you’ve tried “everything”
- Moderation 365 traits
- How Jill manages her life & business plus knowing what to share
- Her biggest growth opportunity this year
- Her podcast with Danny J and keeping it real