Welcome to the Peaceful Power Podcast I’m your host Andrea Claassen and today I’m diving into my Peaceful Power Practice #5- a plant focused diet.
Today could be a controversial topic plus it’s food related which always hits a spot. So bare with me as I tackle this hot topic as of late.
In Ayurveda they have a few “rules” about nutrition. Now being a vegan is not one of them. But focusing less on the meats and more on in-season fruits & vegetables is what they would prefer you to eat.
- Early lighter dinners
- Plant based meals- 50-60% of your meals fruit & vegetables
- Eating in season
- Fresh foods at every meal (no leftovers)
- Organic locally grown when possible
- Grass fed meat & diary
- Try to have all 6 flavors at each meal or in your day- sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent, pungent
- Reduce frozen & processed foods
- Be moderate & avoid extremes
Now this can seem like a lot of rules but as with any general “diet” meaning way you eat they do have best practices. So these are a few best practices in the Ayurvedic world. I have found that if I’m paying attention to what I’m eating I will notice if I feel great after a meal, if I feel bloated or gassy and I can really start to pinpoint what feels good and what doesn’t in the body. That is one of the major takeaways from slowing down is noticing how do I feel & why.
My challenge to you this week is try & get in 6 different tastes into your diet tomorrow.
Where to connect with Andrea
- Instagram- @andreaclaassen21
- Facebook- @andreaclaassen21
- Website- andreaclaassen.com
- Facebook Group- facebook.com/groups/peacefulpower