Ayurvedic Approach to Progesterone
What is progesterone?
This is the calming hormone. Progesterone main job is to get your uterus ready for pregnancy. After you ovulate each month, progesterone helps thicken the lining of the uterus to prepare for a fertilized egg. If there is no fertilized egg, progesterone levels drop and menstruation begins.
- Dominate in 2nd half of your cycle
- After 35 progesterone starts to decline rapidly
- Low progesterone is common if you’re not ovulating
- If high estrogen often progesterone can be low ***but not always!
- Dutch Test- for your specific cycle needs
What causes low progesterone?
Lack of ovulation
Not eating enough fat
Low thyroid function
Short luteal phase
Low Progesterone shows up as
- Cyclic breast pain
- Fertility problems
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Long cycles- 35+ days
- Low libido
- Spotting between periods
Low Progesterone support
- Hugs- to support your progesterone
- Chill out in the luteal phase
- Have love and kindness towards yourself
- Feel your emotions
- Ashwagandha but you need to take in combination of above support.
Download your free Ayurvedic Guide to your menstrual cycle to learn how to start balancing your cycle!