What are ojas?
Ojas are your vital energy. We have a an infinite amount of ojas each day. A story about how your ojas get depleted everyday is below.
Ojas boosting Ghee Dates
You will need:
- 1 cup of ghee
- I5 dates
- A pinch of saffron, cardamom and cinnamon
- Melt ghee into pan. Add spices and stir 1-3 minutes.
- Let ghee cool about 5 minutes.
- Add dates to a jar with a lid.
- Pour ghee mixture over dates.
- Enjoy a date every morning to start your day and use leftover ghee for cooking.
Are you a ghee or dates fan? Have you tried this recipe before? It’s super nourishing especially for Vata imbalances.
How Ojas get depleted
Ojas or your vital energy gets depleted on a daily basis.
You wake up after only 6 hours of sleep. Your running late to work so you grab your coffee and a granola bar and eat in the car (or at your desk in your home office)
You get to work put out fires and realize your starving and it's only 10am, you head to the break room or your kitchen have a doughnut and more coffee.
You sit back down at your desk. Proceed to work until 1pm and now are famished. Have so much work to do eat in front of the computer. By mid-day your energy is so low and you've barely taken 2000 steps today.
You had a good intention of going to the gym after work but alas you're exhausted so you pick up dinner for you and the family at the nearest drive thru. Everyone get's their meals when you get home the kids get their phones out, you sit in front of the tv and are just too tired to fight everyone off their devices and have dinner as a family.
By the the time you get the kids in bed it's 8pm and you have more work to do, you work for another hour or so, but still want some me time. So you proceed to watch tv and there is that new Hallmark movie and you lose track of time and end up going to bed at midnight again.
How to build ojas
- Where can we add in nature into our day- even if that means parking farther away, or walking your mail to a mailbox down the road from you.
- Where can you build in your me time? If not at the end of the day, can you do 30 minutes at the start of your day?
- Laugher- enough said
- Activities that make you happy- this is why I love my 10 minute Ayurvedic medicine tips. Set your timer for 2pm and when it goes off ask yourself what you need and do it. Put this in your work calendar we all have 10 minutes we can take for us most days of the week.
- Creativity- maybe this won't happen on a daily basis but how can you add creativity on your weekends. Maybe once a month you sign-up for a new class to express yourself.
- Sleep 7-8 hours a night. Set your bedtime and stick to it!
- Foods to enjoy- honey, dates, almonds, coconut, avocado, ghee.
- Oil your skin inside and out- cook with oils and add a hint of sesame oil to your skin
Ayurvedic 1 Day Retreat this fall
Why I created the 1 day Ayurvedic Inner Wisdom Retreat.
I know I’m not the only one who is ready to gather back in-person with other souls who want to live in alignment with the seasons, their inner wisdom, and make connections with people in their community.
That is why I wanted to create an Ayurvedic retreat within driving distance of the Twin Cities as I know not everyone has a full weekend to get away but you still want to have a day to yourself where you don’t have to worry about anything but relaxing.
This retreat is purposely designed to help you unwind, get grounded and pacify the vata dosha as we enter the fall season. There will be space to connect with others at the retreat or there will be space where you can sit quietly journal, meditate or just sip on tea quietly.
There will be a grounding yoga practice, opening & closing circles, catered vegetarian lunch and snacks provided, yoga nidra and Ayurvedic workshops so you can experience the practices in your body to implement after the retreat.
This retreat is on Sunday September 11th from 9-5pm in Cannon Falls, MN (a 45 minute drive south of the metro area)
There are options to spend the night if you’re traveling from out of town. We will be doing a full moon circle on Saturday night and dinner and a nature hike on Sunday together if you’re staying the night.
view + leave comments . . .