How to have a Peaceful Period
PMS is something many people experience and there are practices you can add into your lifestyle to help you reduce period pain. Typically it takes around 90 days to resolve symptoms if the habits you need to switch up have been going on for years.
My signature 6 week healing your hormones course. Combining Ayurveda & western science to help you live in alignment with your menstrual cycle.
- Self-care throughout your cycle according to the practices
- Take a walk 3x a week for 60 minutes to help reduce PMS
- Get outside or try a light box at home
- Get your thyroid checked to rule that out
- Enjoy omega 3-rich fish 3x weekly or other omega 3-rich foods for vegetarians- walnuts, berries, winter squash
- Flax seeds
- Iron-rich foods- red meat, lentils, leafy greens, raisins
- Complex carbs- whole grains, fiber riched foods, oatmeal, parsnips, bananas
- Enjoy dark chocolate
- Avoid- sugar, fast carbs, dairy, excess salt, and alcohol
- Calcium can reduce PMS headaches, pain, moodiness and food cravings by 50%
- Vitamin B6- alone or combined with calcium
- Zinc, magnesium & Vitamin D3- can help prevent physical & emotional PMS symptoms.
- Turmeric- sprinkle turmeric onto your meals to help reduce anti-inflammatory
- Raspberry leaf & oatstraw tea
- Saffron- in one study 76% of subjects experienced more than a 50% reduction in PMS symptoms
Wanting to dive deeper?
Check out my signature Peaceful Period Program
This is my 6 week program to help you reduce period pain for good, help you balance your doshas and learn my signature TEMP Method!