How to do a castor oil pack
I have been in love with a weekly or bi-weekly castor oil pack for the past few months. Why would you want to do one and why would you want to avoid one?
Why do one?
- If you have cyst or menstrual irregularities that you want to help ease
- To help detox the body
- Reduce inflammation
- Promote circulation in the body
- Helps you relax and release muscle tension
What do you need?
How to do one?
- Heat hot water in kettle and pour into the hot water thermal.
- Drizzle castor oil on the flannel cloth. Coat it enough to make it wet, but not so much it oozes everywhere.
- Lay down on top of old towel in case the castor oil drips off your skin.
- Place the flannel cloth directly onto your low belly on lower right side of abdomen and low belly.
- Place hot water thermal on top of castor oil.
- Try and lay down for at least 30 minutes ideally 60-90 minutes. You can read, watch a fun tv show, just relax.
When should you not do one?
- During menstruation- in case cause heavier bleeding.
- During pregnancy
How often should you do a castor oil pack?
You can start with bi-weekly or weekly castor oil packs if you're in need of treating cysts, regular menstrual cycles, or constipation problems. They can be done a few times a week safely if you're treating one of the above issues.
This program is not for someone on hormonal birth-control pills who doesn't want to come off them or who isn't open to learning an Ayurvedic & Western Science approach to their menstrual cycles.