Ayurvedic Winter Morning Routines
The morning hours are such a sacred time for self-care. Especially in the quietness of winter. Sleep is often something one might over indulge in during winter , but it’s important to wake around 6-7am to start your day even if the sun is not out yet.
If you’re struggling to get up around 6am make sure you’re getting to bed before 10pm.
*If you’re in your menstrual phase of your cycle you might need an extra hour of sleep (7am) during the winter months.
In the winter season routine is important. The vata dosha enjoys variety but to make sure you stay grounded a regular routine will help pacify the vata dosha.
A morning routine could look like this for the winter season.
- Scrape your tongue & brush your teeth
- Do some yoga asana (see below pictures for the poses to incorporate)
- Breathing practice- Breath of fire will cleanse kapha dosha which can be prone to stagnation.
- Followed by right nostril breathing which promotes circulation and heat.
- Follow by a quiet meditation
- Apply sesame oil on your body which is a universal oil that balances all three doshas.
- Enjoy a warm cooked breakfast such as oatmeal.
Seasonal living Collective
If you want more winter wellness practices check out the Seasonal Living Collective.
I wanted to create this program to help women become more confident in listening to our intuition by using tools that have been at our disposal for centuries. In recent years we’ve forgotten our connection to the powers that lie deep in our bones and I want to help you awaken to your powers once again.
Wanting more Ayurvedic Winter wisdom?
Download a copy of your free Ayurvedic guide to the winter season. Enjoy recipes, yoga asana practice and meditation to honor the changing of the seasons.
view + leave comments . . .