I discovered this recipe by accident as I thought I had basmati rice on hand but alas I was out. I decided to substitute for quinoa and it was a hit!
1.5 cups quinoa
2-3 chicken breasts
2.5 cups chicken broth
1/2 stick of butter or 1/4 cup of butter
1-2 garlic cloves
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup rice cooking wine
1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
2 cups of spinach (optional)
How to create
- Start by cooking quinoa in 2-3 cups of water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile- grill chicken or bake chicken at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. We grilled ours which took about 25 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking melt butter in pan and add garlic cloves. Cook for 3-4 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Next add cooking wine to butter & garlic mixture and cook while stirring with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
- Take chicken out, cut into strips and cover, set aside until needed at the end.
- Next add chicken broth to cooking wine/butter/garlic mixture.
- After chicken broth was added add cooked quinoa to mixture and cook for 15-20 minutes or until broth and wine is absorbed in quinoa, stirring on occasion.
- After liquid is absorbed mix in parmesan cheese and top with chicken strips.
- Optional can add spinach to quinoa mixture for some greens or use as a side salad.
The Finished Product
(Notice I’m not a food blogger and I swear it tastes better than my photo makes it appear, lol)