It's that time of life again, time to take a sacred pause.
I have been feeling a pull to go within the last few months. I ignored it at the end of 2019. I was ready to press pause on my podcast and maybe take a much deserved rest with my business. Not in terms of shutting it down, as I love what I do, but giving myself space to let the new things come through. I know that sounds out there to probably many of you but for myself and my intuition I know that's what's right for me.
See I've been doing all of the things for 8 years now that experts and coaches tell you to do for your business and I feel myself knowing something isn't fitting with mine. I feel like I'm shoving a square peg into a round hole. I feel it's not how I'm supposed to run my business.
What does that mean for me?
- I'm going to pause the podcast until at least the Fall season. It just feels like I need to step back for new ideas to come through. I've been doing an episode or two a week for 5 years and it's time for a pause.
- I will be taking a social media break or I already am by the time you listen to this for the full moon cycle from May until June. I once more feel that pause button needing to be pressed here as well.
- I'm only going to send out a monthly newsletter. Which once more is shocking for the online biz space it goes against everything they teach but I need a break.
- I'm focusing solely on my 1:1 and small group clients. This is how you can work with me for the next few months. I will be only offering 1:1 personal training, Ayurvedic wellness coaching and my 6 week custom workout with your cycle program.
- I will still be blogging weekly and creating the new YouTube workout throughout the next month.
- I feel a call to really work with my herbs and apothecary, learn how to sew, dive into the Simply Living Well book I purchased so I can see what skills I want to learn next.
What do you need right now?
We all know the world is a bit chaotic right now. I know for me I really feel the pull to quiet things down. When I was walking on the beaches of Florida at a retreat I heard that I was supposed to learn how to do Reiki (which turned out it really was how to read Akashic Records) and Earth Medicine School. I don't know what that means but I need to sit with that to figure out why that message was coming through to me.
I would love for you to take space if you can to listen to what you need right now. It might be a break, it might be to shut out the outside noise that is no longer serving you, but I'm sure there is something pulling at you that you've been shoving deep down. Life is still moving on during this time we don't get extra years added to the end of our lives because we lived during a pandemic so we mustn't squander precious moments that we have.
I leave you with a poem I wrote one morning
You know that little voice you hear in your head saying" it really would be a good idea to move your body today, or read more books or not be on your phone so much", you the voice?
Sometimes that trust feels so hard.
I mean really you're telling me to delete all social media apps off my phone, stop writing weekly emails that I've consistently done for 8 years, start to workout with my cycle and trust this comes to me for a higher purpose?
Trust can be hard, especially with yourself.
Can we peel back the curtains of our lives to figure out why? Do we have the courage to trust ourselves? Can I really be "right" about what seemingly looks like not a big deal on the outside but feels like everything on the inside?
Can I trust myself, that on the other side of this lays the answers I've been seeking for years.
Have I been ignoring the little things in search of the big things just to find out it's the little things that really unveil the big things?
So I take a pause, a sacred pause to slow down and listen. Truly trusting the guidance I'm being given is for a reason and it's my job to unravel, unveil, unearth just exactly why I haven't been trusting myself.