Sitting tall starting at your toes squeeze your toes, move up to your calves squeeze and relax, move up to your quads, next glutes, back, make a fist with your hands, scrunch your forehead and now relax. Notice the difference between tension & true relaxation. Notice if anything still feels the tension even after relaxing. This might be an area where you hold tension. If you go to yoga focus on that spot to try and relax and release into that area.
Changing Seasons, Changing Workouts
With each change of season changes your wellness plan should slightly shift.
- The weather is cooler so your workouts can heat up- it's a great time to incorporate HIIT workouts, heated yoga, or spin class.
- Enjoy the outdoors while you can
- Think about what your goals are to finish the year
- Workouts can be intense and sweaty
- Gyms can be busy maybe you incorporate a few at-home pieces to not miss your workouts on snowy days (in colder climates)
- Restorative or yin yoga is perfect for a more cozy approach to the colder winter months
- Bring the workouts outside- outdoor bootcamps, outdoor walks or runs as the spring season warms up even yoga.
- The workouts can start intense but slowly wind down in intensity as the season starts to warm up towards summer.
- The warmth outside can mean workouts can start to become a little less intense.
- Bring your intense workouts indoors
- If you go running stick to hours the sun is not the warmest
- Yoga is a great practice during the summer months
- Morning and evening hours are perfect for a nature walk.
How do the seasons change my workout and wellness plan?
Where to connect with Andrea
- Instagram- instagram.com/seasonallivingmamas
- Website- andreaclaassen.com
- Facebook- www.facebook.com/andreaclaassen21
view + leave comments . . .