Welcome to the Peaceful Power Podcast today I chat about how to set up your bottom lines for living a healthy lifestyle.
What are bottom lines?
These are the non-negotiables in your life. They might be that you are home every night to put your kids to bed, or you brush your teeth every evening and morning, you eat 3 meals a day. I have a few bottom lines that are mapped out around my health and those are my north star so to speak for keeping me working towards my goals.
Possible health bottom lines
- You have 3 alcoholic drinks or under a week
- You move your body daily
- You strength train 2-3x a week
- You go for daily walks even if it’s just 10 minutes somedays
- You practice intermittent fasting for 12-16 hours
- You only have 1 cup of coffee a day
- You don’t have caffeine after 2pm
- You don’t drink soda
- You only have office treats once a month
- You eat dinners by 6pm
You can see there could be a number of bottom lines you set for yourself. Some will come quite naturally for you while others you may need to work harder at sticking with. The idea is to find the balance. You don’t want to pick 8 bottom lines and all 8 are going to deplete your willpower everyday. That will leave you feeling drained and wanting to quit after day 3. Instead start with 2-3 bottom lines and make those habits stick. You can build after the first few bottom lines become your non-negotiables. Since this is a health podcast pick the bottom lines that most mirror your health goals. If you want to do a pull-up maybe your bottom line is purchasing a pull-up program or just researching best exercises to do to perfect your pull-up and incorporate those into your bottom lines. Be as creative as you like when you think about what those bottom lines are for you. Remember they might change after you reach certain goals, levels or seasons in your life. I would check in with them on a monthly basis.
Where to connect with Andrea
- Instagram- instagram.com/andreaclaassen21
- Website- andreaclaassen.com
- Instagram- instagram.com/fitalmanac
- 5 Day Movement Challenge- www.andreaclaassen.com/5days
view + leave comments . . .