It’s the most magical time of the year, Hallmark Christmas Movie Time!! Yes, I’m that much of a Hallmark nerd I love the movies and even downloaded the new Hallmark app so I could keep track of the movies I’ve watched this season.
(My new Hallmark watching sweatshirt this season)
As I’ve been watching the movies this season I’ve seen a few themes come up and thought I would have the perfect workout to do well watching the movies. As there have been many studies done showing us that we need to move more but if you really want to watch a movie or two here is your chance to move and watch : )
After all there are 37 new movies this season. I haven’t quite watched all of them but I have seen quite a few. Since I’m talking about them I want to share a few of my favorites this season and I will update this post as I continue to watch the movies in case you feel in the mood to catch a flick and want to watch a good one not just an OK one but first here is the workout guide to the holiday movies. Let me know how it goes depending on the flick you catch it could be quite the workout!
My Top 2018 Hallmark Christmas Movies
*I found a lot of the one’s I really liked had a slightly different twist to the regular Hallmark plot line and the actors or actresses in these movies were really good.
I’ve ranked these in order of my personal recommendations under each category.
- Small Town Christmas- Just when I thought I was running low on my Hallmark movie watching list this winner came on! It was interesting, had intrigue, good writing for a Hallmark movie and overall I found it to be a compelling movie. Kristoffer Polaha is a great leading guy and is super charismatic so most of his scenes brought many good feelings.
- Christmas Everlasting- I always love the Hallmark big movie of the year and thought this movie was beautifully done and had a really good storyline and some grit to this movie.
- Entertaining Christmas- This was a super fun movie that really taught a good lesson about not needing to be perfect but be as you are to make an impact on others. I also thought Jodie Sweetin was delightful as the main lead.
- It’s Christmas, Eve- I loved the music in this one and a little bit of a new storyline from regular Hallmark movies.
- Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane- I really thought this one worked and my favorite on the Hallmark movie & Drama channel. It had great acting and enjoyed the story.
- Christmas in Evergreen Letters to Santa- This was better than the first Evergreen movie in my opinion. I thought it was cute and just a fun movie to watch if you want to “visit” a beautiful small town.
- A Shoe Addicts Christmas- I loved the twist on the plot with this movie and Jean Smart was amazing as the angel. It had some intrigue to me and again a few more twists then regular Hallmark movies.
- Return to Christmas Creek- Another movie with more dimension and a few mysteries involved. It had great acting and plenty of different subplots to keep you entertained.
- Mingle All the Way- Another cute movie to watch if you want a feel good holiday film and the main actress is super quirky which I find very endearing.
- Road to Christmas- I enjoyed the road trip aspect of this movie and getting together family members once more.
- Miracles of Christmas- I thought the leading actors had great chemistry and it was a cute older home the movie took place in which can be more realistic to what most people live in rather than some of the larger homes that are often featured on the movies.
My Okay 2018 Hallmark Christmas Movies
*These were movies I would watch again but would not have to on a regular basis.
- Pride, Prejudice & Mistletoe- I love Lacey Chabert and she really carried this movie.
- Time For Me to Come Home Christmas- I enjoyed this movie it had a good story and a little more of a serious plot twist which I’m always a fan of in Hallmark movies something I could truly sink my teeth into and enjoy.
- Christmas at Grand Valley- I was hoping for a bit more with the lead actors and actress. I found it to be good but quite predictable from the start. I actually went to bed halfway through the first time I watched this movie as I could already see what was happening and came back to watch it do exactly what I thought would take place. I like a little more of a protagonist than the storyline had created.
- Once Upon a Christmas Miracle- This was based on a true story and was really good as it had a realistic plot and much ore to it then needing to find a boyfriend to impress the family. It had her needing a new liver and I really enjoyed the quirky male lead actor I found him to be quite endearing.
- A Gingerbread Romance- It’s either I’m watching the movie towards the end of the holiday season and I’m fizzling out of my holiday movie cheer since they start at the end of October now. It was an okay movie but one I won’t remember per say for the top of the season, but one I would watch again.
- A Veterans Christmas- I loved the house the main male actor lived in and that pretty much had me really enjoying the home scenes.
- Hope at Christmas- I love to read so the bookstore storyline really had me intrigued!
- Christmas at the Palace- Probably my favorite Hallmark prince movie. Normally these are one’s I don’t enjoy at all but this one was actually not too bad.
- Welcome to Christmas- I thought this movie was okay. It had similar plots and storylines to a few of the older movies but new to this years movies.
- Christmas In Wonderland – It was okay not a must watch and I’m a fan of Emily Osment but she seemed to really phone in the role. She never really smiled or had fun in this movie which made the movie just okay for me.
You can probably skip these 2018 Hallmark Christmas Movies
*The Main reason these landed in the skip were I found them to be a little slow, not the best acting, or similar plots to everything else but these were not the better of the plots this season.
These are ranked in order of my least favorite to not as bad least favorites : )
- Marrying Father Christmas (I never really liked any of these movies and the lead actress is not my favorite, I’m sorry to everyone who loves her in advance)
- A Godwink Christmas– To slow moving for me
- Last Vermont Christmas– To slow moving for me also
- Majestic Christmas– It seemed poorly written and had weird edits and just didn’t flow well for me.
- Christmas at Pemberly Manor– Just never really got into this one
- Christmas Joy– Not my favorite acting
- Christmas in Love– The plot was something I didn’t find that interesting
- Homegrown Christmas- This was kind of a snoozer and a combination of movies I’ve seen this season on the Hallmark channel. I love Lori Loughlin but not the best movie.
- Northern Lights at Christmas- I was so looking forward to this one but it turned out to be kind of a snoozer. I would skip this one and pick a different movie to watch.
- Christmas at Graceland– Was okay but not a must watch this season