Welcome to the Peaceful Power Podcast. I’m your host Andrea Claassen and today I have Chuck Turner of the Movement Lab.
A little background on Chuck- I actually met Chuck at the private training facility we both train clients from. I respect his training and thought he would be a great person to have on the show. Little did I know he is full of nuggets and surprises. We chat about why he believes adults don’t need structured shoes & should be in more minimal shoes. As well as a surprising nugget at the end of the interview on why he doesn’t believe in using pillows to sleep on. I hope you have as much fun digging into this interview as I had chatting with Chuck.
- How he left his corporate job to start personal training just a five years ago.
- How he stays in shape and why he believes people who have desk jobs need to train a little differently
- The biggest excuses on why people have trouble getting workouts in on a weekly basis and how to combat those stories we tell ourselves
- What stretching & warm-up routines should look like if you train after work
- How becoming a father later in life has changed his approach to fitness
- How watching his 2 year old has taught him so much more about movement
- His take on shoes for both adults & young kids
- Why pillows are something he doesn’t believe we should be using
Quotes from the interview
- Your best position is your next position
- Whatever happens downstream happens upstream in the body
Where to connect with Chuck
Chuck’s Weekly Challenge
Try to not use a pillow this week and let Chuck or myself know how it goes over on instagram.
Where to find more about Andrea