Welcome to the Peaceful Power Podcast, I’m your host Andrea Claassen and today I’m chatting about how to listen to your body.
Learning to slow down and tune in can be one of the biggest challenges we face as women in our go, go, go society. It’s hard let’s be real. We have a lot going on and we don’t take the time we need for ourselves 5 out of 7 days would be my guess. I speak to so many moms of young kids who thrive on nap times to refuel themselves. I get it I do the same. In this go, go, go society we need to take the time though to honor the vehicle that is taking us through this journey, our body. Think about how many times we push her to her limits. One more rep, eat this bag of chips, drink one more glass of wine, let’s run another mile today. We really put the pounding down on her. Not all of it is bad of course but she is used. Most of the time if we really are in tune with the heaviness we feel, with the exhaustion we feel it tells us something. Maybe it might be we need more sleep, maybe we need more help with the house or kids, or maybe we need to not work such long days. That is when we really can get tuned in is if we notice what exactly she is telling us by giving us the exhausted, overwhelmed, or anxiety feeling.
In the Western world we like practical tips & steps to help us figure these things out so I’m going to give you a few. Hopefully they will help you learn to slow down & start to embrace the beauty of what our bodies can do for us on a regular basis. After all they are remarkable beings who know so much and it’s up to us to listen to them.
How to listen to your body
- Slow down
- Body scan when you wake up, 3pm, and in the evening
- Go to bed when your tired
- Wake up when instead of pressing snooze 5x
- What workout do you feel like doing?
- How do you feel after eating that meal?
- Journal in the morning & evening
- Meditate using a guided meditation that takes you through the body
Where to connect with Andrea
- Instagram- instagram.com/andreaclaassen21
- Facebook- facebook.com/andreaclaassen21
- Website- andreaclaassen.com
- Facebook Group- facebook.com/groups/peacefulpower
Do a workout today that your body is telling you it needs. Which means you might need to slow down to really notice what she is telling you to do.