My Introduction into 75 Hard
I was first introduced to 75 hard at a business retreat a few years ago. My mentor asked me and another business owner if we ever tried 75 Hard? I at first said, yes when she was describing it than she got to the part about doing it for 75 days in a row needing to start over if you miss a day and working out twice a day for 45 minutes and one needs to be outside no matter the weather.
I said no I'm out on all of the rigidity of that plan. She said the 75 Hard program didn't feel on brand for me and she was right.
What is 75 Hard?
- For 75 days you do the following, if you miss a day you start back at day one.
- You stick to a diet of your choice; Mediterranean, Whole 30, Paleo, Keto, etc. No alcohol or cheat meals.
- Drink a gallon of water daily.
- Get two 45 minute workouts a day one has to be outside.
- Read 10 pages of non-fiction daily
- Take progress photos
But does it work?
Sure, any diet or program like this would work but is it sustainable is the big question.
Several of the aspects of 75 Hard are right up my alley with a few exceptions so lets turn 75 Hard into 75 Soft.
75 Soft an Ayurvedic twist
Since I do think there are so many good aspects to the 75 hard approach it just needs a bit more softening to make it more Ayurvedic in nature.
- For 75 days you follow an Ayurvedic diet for the season. If it’s winter; eat warm, wet, grounding foods every meal at approximately the same time each day.
- Have a 30 minute morning routine that consists of meditation, pranayama and yoga asana. You can vary the amounts of each based on your energy level each day.
- Get outside daily for a walk anywhere from 5-60 minutes depending on your energy & weather.
- Get to bed by 10pm & wake around 6am
- Read a yoga sutra nightly and contemplate it’s meaning.
- Do progress journaling to see the personal growth you’ve achieved.
I wish it was as easy as a one-size-fits all approach but it’s not.
This is why Ayurveda is individualized for the person based on energy levels, the seasons and your cycle if applicable.
you don’t have to do it alone...
In fact, getting support from a practitioner can help you create your own 75 Soft Ayurvedic approach.
Ready to ditch diet culture and create a system you can use for lifelong health?
Join us in the next round of the Seasonal Living Collective to craft your own 75 Soft approach!
Are you ready to become more confident in listening to your intuition by using tools that have been at our disposal for centuries. In recent years we’ve forgotten our connection to the powers that lie deep in our bones and I want to help you awaken to your powers once again.