Ayurvedic Routine Ideas
Ayurveda is all about finding out what works best for you and your body. Here are a few basic ideas on how you can incorporate the 5000 year old system into your daily routine. With all of Ayurveda you want to do what works best for you. No forcing yourself into something but keeping an open mind to try the routines below.
How to start?
Start by picking one routine in each category. Do that item for 10-14 days and once it feels like a solid habit start on habit number 2! If you're brand new to wellness chose one item period. If you have been practicing various wellness principles choose one from each category. This list is not exhaustive but it's a good place to start.
- Rise before dawn
- Rinse- Neti Pot
- Cleanse- Tongue Scrapper
- Sip- Warm water with lemon
- Stop work & screen time 2 hours before bed
- Warm Bath
- Dry Brush & Oil
- Reading/journaling (unwinding activity)
- Lights out by 10pm
- Early lighter dinners eat by 6pm
- Stop eating 2 hours before bedtime
- Notice if you wake up with ama on your tongue
- Eat in season when possible
- Eat more plants
- Always drink room temperature or warmer water
- Keep caffeine & alcohol to a minimum to better access your higher power
28 Day Ayurvedic Toolkit
New to Ayurveda but wanting to start some of the basic principles above? Download the free 28 day Ayurvedic toolkit below.
view + leave comments . . .