Ways to Celebrate the Summer Solstice
This year the summer solstice is on June 20th and it also pairs with a new moon in Cancer and a solar eclipse, so some powerful energy. How can we celebrate the day of light here in the Northern Hemisphere?
What can we do to celebrate?
- Make sun tea- I'm a big fan of making tea and sun tea is a perfect idea on the solstice. Place a large glass container of water with a few black tea backs inside leave on the sidewalk to warm up the tea and bring inside to drink after a few hours. This was one of my favorite things as a child that my mom would do and I loved sun tea on a warm summer day.
- Sit outside & enjoy the sun- This will be weather dependent but if it is a gorgeous sunny day, head outside and soak in that sun. Wear a hat to protect you from the extra rays on your face.
- Bonfire & Summer feast- Have a bonfire and enjoy a summer feast. The feast might be a little different this year. Maybe you have a social distancing picnic with your friends and family while still enjoying each others companies in a safe manner.
- Build a flower crown-Flower crowns are great for kiddos and adults a like. If you google how to make a flower crown you will find lots of fun Pinterest ideas!
- Practice yoga and or mediate- Not only is it summer solstice but International Yoga Day. Celebrate both by practicing yoga outside or meditating by the tree.
More ways to celebrate the day
Summer Solstice Recipe
Wanting a Monthly Seasonal Almanac to truly live with the seasons?
The Seasonal Living Almanac emphasizes the power of the lunar cycle, the wisdom from Ayurveda, and the energy of the seasons. To create a powerful intuitive wellness guide. It’s built to help you become more in-tune with yourself and have a deeper connection to the subtle seasonal shifts.
Examples of what is in each issue:
✨How to Celebrate Seasonal holiday that month
✨3 Ayurvedic Workout Routines
✨Seasonal Ayurvedic Tips
✨New & Full Moon Rituals
✨Seasonal Herbal Tea Recipe you can make at home
The Seasonal Living Almanac was created to help you tune back into yourself and take a closer look at what you enjoy doing. Instead of pressing the cruise control on your health the Almanac is built to be a guide you can use all month long to check-in with how you’re feeling to help you reach your fitness goals.
If you want to preview the Almanac you can download a free copy of the current Seasonal Living Almanac below.