What are ojas in Ayurveda? It is your vital energy and a subtle energy from the kapha dosha. When we have strong ojas (energy) we tend to stay healthier. Let’ s chat why?
Example of how our ojas or energy gets depleted on a daily basis. Wake up after only 6 hours of sleep. Your running late to work so you grab your coffee and a granola bar and eat in the car. You get to work put out fires and realize your starving and it’s only 10am, you head to the break room have a doughnut and more coffee. Sit back down at your desk. Proceed to work until 1pm and now are famished. Have so much work to do eat in front of the computer. By mid-day your energy is so low and you’ve barely taken 2000 steps today. You had a good intention of going to the gym after work but alas you’re exhausted so you pick up dinner for you and the family at the nearest drive thru. Everyone get’s their meals when you get home the kids get their phones out, you sit in front of the tv and are just to tired to fight everyone off their devices and have dinner as a family. By the the time you get the kids in bed it’s 8pm and you have more work to do, you work for another hour or so, but still want some me time. So you proceed to watch tv and there is that new Hallmark movie on you lose track of time and end up going to bed at midnight again.
Sound familiar? Maybe not completely or daily but we all have days like this, yes even me. Let’s chat about ways to get out of this cycle.
- Where can we add in nature into our day- even if that means parking farther away, or walking your mail to a mailbox down the road from you.
- Where can you build in your me time? If not at the end of the day, can you do 30 minutes at the start of your day?
- Laugher- enough said
- Activities that make you happy- this is why I love my 10 minute Ayurvedic medicine tips. Set your timer for 2pm and when it goes off ask yourself what you need and do it. Put this in your work calendar we all have 10 minutes we can take for us most days of the week.
- Creativity- maybe this won’t happen on a daily basis but how can you add creativity on your weekends. Maybe once a month you sign-up for a new class to express yourself.
- Sleep 7-8 hours a night. Set your bedtime and stick to it!
- Foods to enjoy- honey, dates, almonds, coconut, avocado, ghee.
- Oil your skin inside and out- cook with oils and add a hint of sesame oil to your skin
Where can you start this week? Don’t change everything today but notice where you can make a subtle shift even changing your bedtime to 10pm vs. 11pm. Start with one habit and work to add in more.
Where to connect with Andrea
- Instagram- instagram.com/andreaclaassen21
- Website- andreaclaassen.com
- Facebook- www.facebook.com/andreaclaassen21
- 28 Day Ayurvedic Toolkit- https://andreaclaassen.com/28daytoolkit
- November Holistic Fitness Almanac- https://andreaclaassen.com/novemeber