Are you lacking energy, accountability and always feel as if your in catch-up mode?
The last thing you want to think about is your fitness routine. There is so much information out there about what is the best workout to do, what you should or shouldn’t eat and all of that information has left you confused.
I get asked these questions daily such as what is the best workout and diet to follow? Unfortunately there is no one “best” thing. Fitness really is a life long habit that takes a little work. The first step of the journey is finding what will work best for you. Over the past 10 years of being a personal trainer & yoga teacher I’ve found each person is different but that is where my 3 prong approach helps us figure out what exactly will work best for YOU.
How can I help you find a balanced lifestyle?
By utilizing the 3 prong approach
I know working out can be hard, making time for your health can be challenging, and finding the right motivation is exhausting. So I strive to help you with the 3 prong approach to YOUR healthy lifestyle. I utilize the 3 prong approach with both my online & in-home clients to help you live the healthiest life you can.
What does the 3 prong approach entail?
- Fitness – I believe in moving your body in a way that you take pleasure in. Which will soon become a habit and eventually your new lifestyle. Your fitness routine could be lifting weights, it might be yoga, dance, barre or a combination of everything. I help you discover what works best for you.
- Habits – We will break down what habits we need to implement into your life & what we might need to adjust to help create your perfect fitness lifestyle plan.
- Ayurveda – This is where you uncover new tools for helping you stay healthy over the course of your lifetime. I help you find your dosha, teach you the Ayurvedic approach to eating (how to intuitively eat), and teach you about how to clean up your household. Switching deodorants, toothpaste, & lotions if you want to uncover a more natural approach to the brands you use on a daily basis. I go as deep into a more natural approach to your lifestyle as you would like to learn.
Who is Andrea Claassen?
I have been a certified personal trainer since 2007, and registered yoga teacher & Ayurvedic coach since 2016, but have been studying the Eastern philosophies for over 5 years now. I have enjoyed helping hundreds of women meet their fitness goals, find themselves again, and most importantly learn to listen to their body’s divine wisdom.
I work with a diverse group of primarily females. Some of my specialties are women during pregnancy & postpartum, women who are trying to avoid knee replacement surgeries, and women who are looking to feel good about themselves by adding fitness into their lifestyle.
I’ve been in your shoes, I’ve been too busy to work out and let my health suffer as a result. I created a story that
I didn’t have time to work on my business, take care of my child, be a good wife and work out. I let the one thing that made me feel like “me” slide.
This was super difficult time for myself as my workouts have always been a great tool to help me feel “normal.” During this period, I started noticing a lack of motivation –
I didn’t want to do much of anything. I felt like a failure.
I mean, I’m a trainer and I didn’t magically take the weight off post birth. I had to work my butt off to feel like me again both physically and emotionally. And it wasn’t just about the weight. It was more about restoring my mood and sense of self.
I shed a total of 68 pounds, 28 of which came of right after birth, the other 40 pounds were through blood, sweat, and tears – literally. Ten months postpartum, I finally felt like myself. I could wear my old clothes and not tug at them constantly, I could have a normal conversation and not feel like I was zoned out from hormones and sleep deprivation. It was not an easy road, but it was my journey and I’m proud to have went through it. It’s only helped me to have that much more empathy for all of the mommas out there.
My mission today is to help women not lose their sense of self with all of life’s demands. I do this by teaching my Peaceful Power Practices centered around fitness, yoga and Ayurveda. The goal is to help women feel like themselves again – both physically and mentally and tune into their inner divine wisdom.
Meet the Team
Founder & CEO
- BA from Hamline University- Sports & Exercise Science and Psychology
- Certified ACE personal trainer since 2007
- Pre/Postnatal specialist 2007
- Certified ACE group fitness instructor since 2009
- 230 Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2016
- Prenatal level 1 yoga teacher training 2016
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Coach 2016
- 30 minute HITT workouts
- Yoga- Vinyasa, Yin, Hatha lineages
- Ayurveda based principles
- I’ve shed 62 pounds post baby this past year
- I was a 3 sport athlete in high school & college
- My favorite workout move is the plank
- I consider myself the inflexible yogi
- My son was born on leap day
- I love a good glass of red wine on a Friday night
Videographer, photographer, podcast editor
Bio coming soon
- BA from Hamline University (2016) – Legal Studies and Business
- JD from Mitchell Hamline School of Law (expected 2019)
I am a native of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. After moving to the cities for college, I fell in love and will probably be a Minnesotan for life.
Since graduating from Hamline University, I have started law school at Mitchell Hamline School of Law. While I am still exploring the areas of the law, I am drawn to criminal law. As a long-term goal I hope to become a prosecuting attorney, and specifically bring justice to victims of crimes primarily committed against women (e.g. domestic violence and sexual assault).
- I graduated with my BA in 3 years.
- This past year I took up kickboxing for exercise.
- My favorite foods are potatoes (all kinds) and dill pickles.
- Everyone in my family has a name that starts with “M” (Mitch, Michele, Maggie, and Max). Also, my boyfriend’s name is Marcus and when we got our kitten we naturally had to stick with the theme, and named him Milo.
Check out our free resources built just for you to get a feel for how I like to work.